Elon Musk continues to tease cryptocurrency aficionados. After quite a few tweets in regards to the meme-coin Dogecoin, the CEO of Tesla has his sight set on decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Elon Musk is undoubtedly one of the crucial attention-grabbing individuals concerned with cryptocurrencies. Aside from being one of many richest males in the entire world, he’s additionally eccentric and unorthodox in the best way he communicates together with his large Twitter following and with media normally.
- He broke headlines many occasions this yr after mentioning Dogecoin on a number of events, most of which led to large will increase within the worth of the cryptocurrency.
- Now, Musk appears to have his sight set on decentralized finance (DeFi).
- In a tweet fired only a few minutes in the past, he teased proponents, saying, “don’t defy DeFi.” Whereas it stays unknown whether or not he meant one thing by it or he simply finds the wordplay attention-grabbing, it does present that he’s conscious of the comparatively nascent subject of decentralized finance.
Don’t defy DeFi
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 25, 2021
- Naturally, the tweet garnered the eye of many influential individuals within the subject, together with TRON’s Justin Solar.
- In any case, Musk’s tweet comes at a considerably difficult time for DeFi-based cryptocurrencies as plenty of them are struggling over the previous few days. This consists of among the main gamers within the subject, equivalent to Uniswap’s UNI, LINK, AAVE, SUSHI, and so forth – all of which chart double-digit decreases during the last week.
- It’s additionally value noting that Musk tweeted this only a day after Tesla announced that it’s going to settle for BTC as funds for its merchandise.
Featured picture courtesy of Bloomberg Quint
PrimeXBT Particular Provide: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO35 code to get 35% free bonus on any deposit as much as 1 BTC.